Fast and Easy Staging Tips in this youtube video!
Studies show that sellers who use a REALTOR® to represent them generally get a better price than those who sell the home themselves.
- REALTORS® are up-to-date on critical procedures and can help you navigate through complex processes.
They can also help you get your home sold at the best price in the right time frame.
- Equally as important, REALTORS® add objectivity to an inherently emotional transaction.
Before Your Home Is Listed here are some steps to take:
- Touch up interior and exterior paint as needed.
- Make sure the front is clean and spruced up – curb appeal will create a favorable first impression.
- Trim bushes and plants as needed, and make sure the lawn is kept mowed and trimmed.
- Keep the interior clean, de-cluttered and odor-free.
- Eliminate evidence of pets.
- Minimize personal items such as family photos.
- Consider putting excess furniture and belongings in storage. Now’s the time to clean out the garage and basement and sell, give away or throw away items you don’t want to move to your new property.
Consider having a pre-listing inspection performed. Buyers will be hiring professional inspectors; here’s your chance to address problems in advance.
During the Listing Period
- When potential buyers tour your home, be absent or make yourself as inconspicuous as possible.
- If offers are made that don’t match your hoped-for price, don’t reject them offhand.
- Pay attention to your agent’s advice.
- Consider dropping the price if several months go by with few or no offers, but if you and your agent have priced your home properly from the start, this shouldn’t be necessary.
- Don’t get discouraged. In buyer’s markets, homes take longer to sell than during boom times.
I would be honored to speak with you about the opportunity to list and market your home. Not only am I an expert in this area, but I have a proven track record with my clients. Listing with me guarantees you’ll have an experienced agent to guide you through the process of selling your home.
To get started, please call me at 252.362.1569
I am happy to tour your property and answer any questions you may have regarding pricing, marketing, commission and the listing process.